Homemade Coconut Butter – Made with Naturalita LOVE!
I love COCONUT and I LOVE coconut butter! Have you tried it? I made this batch up the other day on a whim as I am working on my gut health and have taken out peanut butter and nut butters…so found my favorite substitute.
I have made this a couple of times now and feel pretty awesome about it as it’s only 1 ingredients AND if you have the right tools, it’s super simple! I make it in my Vitamix! (My first attempt in the food processor was not successful). This recipe is VERY simple, if you have the appropriate tools (Vitamix) or another high powered blender.
Naturalita Coconut Butter
- 2- 8 ounce bags (2 2/3 cup x 2) Organic Shredded Coconut -Unsweetened (Dehydrated) NOT low fat. (I use Let’s Do Organic. I buy it by the box for raw gluten free desserts.)
- Himalayan Pink Salt (to taste) – Honestly, you don’t need this. I just like to add a bit “to taste”
Create it Naturally
1. Put the two bags of coconut into the Vitamix (or another high speed blender). Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional).
2. Use the “tamper” on the Vitamix to push the coconut down evenly. Start the Vitamix on low and gradually move up to medium high. Continue pushing the coconut down with the tamper; the tamper needs to stay in the lid of the Vitamix to not cause damage. You will need to stop the Vitamix and use a spatula to scrape the sides and stir the hardened coconut butter away from the blade to get more coconut to the blade. You will have to do this a couple of times.
3. Keep using the tamper, stop, stir, scrape and start again to get the desired consistency. The coconut butter will be warm. A regular blender would die. Your Vitamix will not. 🙂 (You could try a food processor, but I didn’t have luck my first time trying that one!)
4. When the coconut butter is smooth, find a mason jar (preferred, because I love them) and put your homemade coconut butter in the mason jar. Take a picture and share it on my Facebook wall or in an email.
5. Enjoy your Naturalita treat!
My favorite ways to eat coconut butter:
1. Plain on a spoon.
2. I put it in my raw all Naturalita gluten free and dairy free vegan desserts
3. You can put it on toast in place of butter or peanut butter
4. Add it to homemade natural hot chocolate!
5. Add it to a smoothie (Sometimes, I put it into my Shakeology – Chocolate Vegan is my fav!)
How would you eat it?
Please let me know if you make this at home! I would love to hear how it turns out!