Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes Topped with Pumpkin + Cinnamon
Did I have you at PUMPKIN – and gluten free? I don’t use a lot of canned food, but love to use organic canned pumpkin in the Fall. It’s one of the few things I buy canned from the store. (I think the others are organic canned coconut milk and organic canned tomatoes.)
I’ve been gluten free (strictly) for over 8+ years and noticed a huge change in my body and my stomach pains disappeared almost immediately. In all honesty, I don’t do a lot of gluten free baking or buy a lot of gluten free products (gluten free junk is still junk), but for pancakes, I do like to use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix. (I get it at our local Fred Meyer store, you can also get it on Amazon.com.)
I’ve made this recipe many times, and if you know me, I do NOT really follow recipes very well and like to create my own each time. They usually turn out, surprisingly. Playing around in the kitchen and not following recipes is how I get creative in the kitchen!
Here is the simple recipe, I hope you make them and enjoy them as much as I do!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup Organic Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk (you could also use coconut water or just plain water)
- 1 Organic Free Range Egg
- 1/2 Tbsp of Organic Olive Oil (You can also use organic coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Create it Naturally
- Heat non-stick pan on medium low heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Once pan is warm, you can choose what size of pancakes you would like. I usually use a 1/4 cup measure for making pancakes.
- Pour batter into pan. Let pancakes “bubble up” one side before flipping over. Once “bubbly”, flip over to cook the other side, cook 1-2 minutes, then remove from pan. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Once ready to eat, top with coconut oil, pumpkin, cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice and organic maple syrup. I also like to add aw cacao nibs either to the batter or on top to add a “chocolate chip” taste and texture.
- Enjoy your Naturalita simple pumpkin pancakes!
Please let me know if you make these! They are super simple and very delicious! Another thing I like to do is to make smaller “silver dollar” pancakes to make bite size pancakes for the kid in me! (I think you will like them for the kid in you, too!)