Pumpkin Sloppy Joes – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo
I’m all about my slow cooker during the cooler months! I’ve been creating simple new recipes from what I can find in my cabinets! As I have shared before I am NOT great at following recipes, I use them as suggestions. I love to get creative in the kitchen and keep it super simple – usually 5 ingredients or less. You can do a lot with a little creativity and the ability to experiment.
The other day, I wanted to try something new and made something super similar to my Sweet Potato, Pumpkin and Turkey Chili, but simpler. So, if you are looking to make sloppy joes that you can put into a cabbage leaf, over hearty leafy greens, you will love this. You can also put it over cauliflower rice (as pictured).
Pumpkin Sloppy Joes – Slow Cooker Time!
Naturalita Ingredients (I use organic where possible.)
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes OR 16 ounce can of tomato sauce (only one of these)
- 16 ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Himalayan pink salt and ground pepper to taste
Create it Naturally
- In a pan, cook onions, garlic and ground turkey thoroughly.
- In the slow cooker, while the turkey and onions on cooking, add tomatoes, pumpkin, and all spices. Mix well.
- Once the turkey and onion mix is done cooking, drain the fat from the turkey and add turkey mixture to the slow cooker.
- Mix everything together in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Enjoy your Pumpkin Sloppy Joes over cauliflower rice, fresh leafy greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard are my favs) and topped with avocado!
Does this recipe fit into what I eat in my healthy eating group? OH YES it does! The above picture is 1 red (protein), 1.5 green (vegetable) and 1 tsp (healthy fat).
If you’re curious about joining my next 21 or 30 day healthy eating, fitness and accountability group, you can find out more information here. I coach monthly online groups and it’s a lovely way to create your own personal goals and achieve them while being supported to be the healthiest version of you. More info here – Healthy Confident YOU. Contact me to find out when my next group starts! xoxo Nicole